The primary roles of the Director will be to:
- shape and lead the CRF ensuring its objectives are aligned to both the Faculty and NUTH strategy
- Align CRF to NIHR research priorities and stakeholder clinical research needs
- Financial governance of CRF
- Operational management and effective governance of activities
This is a senior leadership role with responsibility for developing a shared vision for the future direction of the CRF, working collaboratively with other NIHR infrastructure across FMS and NUTH, including the Biomedical Research Centre. The role will also have oversight of CARU, who has a separate operational director.
You should be an established research leader, keen to take on this exciting new challenge working across both the University and Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The post will require a 20% time commitment.
The post is available for a period of 5 years, renewable subject to performance. Part-time colleagues are welcome to apply and the position may be considered on a job-share basis where appropriate.
To apply, please submit:
- A covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 that addresses the core requirements set out in the job description. The Selection Committee will find it particularly helpful if you can cite examples of your achievements and skills, making clear the difference you personally made to the events you describe.
- An up to date CV that includes details of academic publications and research grants.
Informal enquiries should be directed to:
Professor Andy Blamire: Andrew.Blamire@ncl.ac.uk or,