Funding for the Investigator Initiated Commercially Funded Research Studies (IIT) Awards 2022/2023 is now open.
This £5000 award is to support applicants from the North East North Cumbria (NENC) to develop and lead on an Investigator Initiated Trial (IIT), as well as providing practical support to assist you in achieving Clinical Research Network (CRN) Portfolio status.
Applications are open to anyone involved in health or social care research including previous applicants. Where an award was received in any of the previous years, applicants are expected to outline the next steps and detail how further funding will be used towards a larger study.
Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- The lead applicant is a professional in the CRN NENC region working in a Health, Public Health, Social Care or Academic setting
- Formed research idea
- Partner/funding agreed (commercial company) and written documentation of their funding contribution.
- Proposed study to run in an NENC Partner Organisation, Public Health or Social Care setting.
- Unfunded to do research/without adequate Chief Investigator (CI) time included in any commercial grant/remuneration
- Development of previously supported feasibility study (if applicable)
- Multi-site within NENC
Applications will be via an online form and will require details of the proposal, how it meets the above criteria.
For more information and guidance on how to apply, please visit here
Timelines for Applications:
19/09/2022: Competition advertised and open to applications
11/11/2022: Closing date for applications
W/C 05/12/2022: Decision by panel on successful applications
15/12/2022: Funding sent out
July 2023: 6 month progress review
January 2024: Protocol Approval/Study Set-up due by
January 2024: Final Review
As part of the scheme, support will be available to help with completion of the award application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to access support with your application.
If you are interested in applying, it is highly recommended that you attend a drop in session at 2-3pm on 10th October.
This will provide the opportunity for applicants to ask any questions and seek further help and guidance about the process.
The drop in session is being hosted on Teams. Please register online via Eventbrite.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com